History

Pavel I.
Mitrofanov
The first rector of the Samara Polytechnic Institute
1915 – 1917
1910
Samara provincial assembly unanimously decided to petition the government for the opening of the Polytechnic Institute in Samara. In the Samara district council, representatives of the Ufa, Orenburg provinces and the Tashkent region unanimously recognized that Samara is more suitable than other cities to establish a polytechnical institute there.
1913
Samara City Council decided: «Take a place on Sobornaya Street for the construction of the Samara Polytechnic Institute».
Ulitsa Sobornaya (Molodogvardeyskaya) in 1900
1914
July 3rd (old style) Nikolay the II on the yacht «Shtandart» approved the «Law on the establishment of the Polytechnic Institute in the city of Samara». The law was published in the Assembly of Laws and Government Decisions under No. 180.
1915
Professor of the University of Warsaw P.I.Mitrofanov arrived in Samara and assumed the duties of the rector of the polytechnic school, becoming its first leader.
1916
Academician A.I. Shchusev presented three building projects for the Samara Polytechnic University. Rector Mitrofanov at the Ministry of Trade and Industry raised the issue of expanding the institute, complementing it with chemical and mechanical faculties.
1917
In the building of the Samara Stock Exchange «the opening of classes at the institute was scheduled for the time being at one economic department». Data on the start of classes is not found.
1919
In the autumn, the first workers' school appeared in Samara, and the People's Commissariat for Education canceled the entrance and transferable exams.
ul. Sobornaya, 157 in 1904.The main building of the Kuibyshev Industrial Institute until July 1st, 1941. Today it is the building of educational building number 3, at Molodgvardeyskaya 133.

Stefan V.
Chesheyko-Sokhatsky
March 21nd - April 4th, 1933
Vasily I.
Bessonov
April 4th, 1933 - May 2nd, 1934
Arkady E.
Bobko
May 3rd - December 1934
Sergey M.
Kalmykov
December 16th, 1934 - September 20th, 1930
Stepan K.
Galishnikov
September 29th, 1937 - October 10th, 1938
Fedor T.
Kokin
October – December 1938
1930
Mechanical, energy and chemical-technological institutes are open in Samara. Preference for admission - immigrants from the working-peasant environment.
Educational building № 2, st.Kuybyshevskaya, 153, 1908-1918 In early August 1930, the building passed to the Institute of Chemical Technology. In the courtyard of the educational building the student hostel was upset.
1933
March 21 S.V. Sokhatsky proposed to merge three universities into one structure, and on April 22, the merging of mechanical and energy ones took place.
1934
From May 3, 1934, three previously independent technical colleges became a single Mid-Volga industrial institute. In the Middle Volga Industrial Institute joined the Faculty of Chemistry as the Faculty of Chemical Technology.
1935
The Middle Volga Institute has a new name - Kuybyshev Industrial Institute.Named after V.V. Kuibyshev.
The student hostel at the corner of Aleksandrovskaya (Vilonovskaya, 24) and Troitskayaul., 1917 from 1934 to 1941 Kuibyshev Industrial Institute had three hostels at the addresses: ul. Frunze, 116, ul.Vilonovskaya, 24 and ul.Kuibyshev, 153. In April-May 1938, about 1,500 students studied at the institute.
1937
Because of the military threat, Kuibyshev Industrial Institute transferred to the competence of the People's Commissariat of the defense industry of the USSR.
1939
KII passed under the control of another department - the People's Commissariat of Ammunition.

Nikolai P.
Voskoboinikov
January 28th, 1939 - July 28th, 1951
Vasily F. Sovkin
October 19th, 1951 - January 31st, 1959
1941
Closing of the Institute and its hasty subsequent recovery. In the first years of war, 48 employees and 20 university students left for the front. A sanitary squad was created, in which there were about 200 donors. The university was transferred to study in the evening. Classes were held in schools number 6 and number 81.
1945
Three employees and a student at the institute are participants in the Victory Parade in Moscow.
1947
At the oil faculty of KII, the training of personnel for the oil field begins.
1950
The Faculty of Energy began to train personnel for the construction of the century - Zhigulevskaya HPP.
1951
In Stavropol-on-Volga, at Kuibyshevgidrostroy, a branch of KII was opened with mechanical and energy faculties. A training and support center was opened in Syzran (now a branch of SSTU).
1955
Two student dormitories for 600 people on ul.Novo-Sadovaya.
1956
The heat and power department was organized.

Victor S.
Kozlov
March 4th, 1959 - December 7th, 1961
Nikolay N.
Panov
December 8th, 1961 - June 11th, 1968
Ivan S.
Volkov
June 1968 - October 1975
Sergey M.
Muratov
October 30th, 1975 - October 18th, 1985
1959
The faculty of automation and measuring equipment was organized. Rector V.S. Kozlov founded the Faculty of Engineering and Technology and the Department of Solid Chemicals Technology.
ul. Pervomayskaya 18, 1959. Construction of building number 1 of the Kuibyshev Polytechnic Institute.
1960
The extramural faculty isorganized. A KII computer center was created and Ural computer was launched into the work. KII students created the first construction team.
1962
KII reorganized into the Kuibyshev Polytechnic Institute.
1965
Search teams begin to work in the university, which establish the names of students, teachers and employees who died in the battles for their homeland in the World War II.
1967
The beginning of a new tradition of initiation into students by the corps on the ul.Pervomayskaya.Vysotsky gave a concert at the Polytechnic Institute.
1973
The opening at the 1st academic building of the monument «Gradebook and the bayonet», dedicated to the memory of students and teachers who died in World War II.
1975
A student dispensary was commissioned.
1976
The educational and laboratory building №7 was commissioned.
ul. Pervomayskaya, 1, 1975.
Construction of building number 7
1978
The history museum of the SSTU has been opened.
1979
The interdisciplinary faculty of advanced training has been opened.
1980
KPI named after V.V. Kuibyshev was awarded the Order of the Red Banner of Labor.

Yury P.
Samarin
October 18th, 1985 - September 20th, 1999
Vladimir V.
Kalashnikov
December 15th, 1999 - November 2009
1985
Information and computing center was organized.
1989
The Faculty of Physics and Technology was opened.
ul.Molodgvardeyskaya, 244, year 1986–1989.Educational building number 8. In 1986, the first stage was put into operation, in 1987 the second one, in 1989 the power plant was built (third stage).
1991
KPI was renamed to Samara Polytechnic Institute (SPI).
1992
SPI received the status of Samara State Technical University. The Faculty of Engineering and Economics was opened.
2000
The main building of SSTU was commissioned. In the period from 1999 to 2009, eight new university buildings were built, and a media center was opened.
2001
The Faculty of Humanities Education was opened.
ul.Molodgvardeyskaya, 244, 2001.
The construction of the library. Finished in 2003.
2002
The graduation of the one hundred thousandth specialist took place at SSTU.
2003
Established the Faculty of Food Production. The construction of a sports complex and a three-story building of a science and technology library has been completed. Restored student sports camp «Polytechnic» and sanatorium.
2004
The geological and mineralogical museum of SSTU was opened.

Dmitry E.
Bykov
December 15th, 2009 - Present
2010
The faculty of distance and additional education was created.
2010 – 2012
Organized 12 departments, opened 86 profiles in 43 bachelor areas, 12 new specialties. Along with the 5 alreadyworking, 15 more graduate programs are licensed.
2013
A new symbol of SSTU was adopted.
2014
100 years since the founding of the first technical university in Samara. July 3rd at the main building of SSTU on the ul.Molodogvardeyskaya 244, the first ever monument to the Russian engineer was opened in Russia. In the jubilee year, a technical park opened in the technical university, a new dormitory for 300 people and a branch in Novokuibyshevsk. The first number of the popular science illustrated full-color magazine «Volga Technopolis» has been released.
2015
The scientific council of SSTU made a decision to merge with the Samara State University of Architecture and Civil Engineering (SSUACE). The corresponding order was signed by the Minister of Education and Science of the Russian Federation on December 30th.
2016
SSTU has become one of the 11 core regional universities of the country.